This article is for all Speedefy products (K4, K7, K7W, K8, and KX450)
Getting your new Speedefy router set up doesn’t need to be complicated. This article will walk you through the process step-by-step—connecting the hardware, configuring your router, and getting your devices connected and ready to go—so you can enjoy your new wireless Internet.
1. Before Start
Things needed to be checked: A Speedefy Router, Modem, Ethernet Cables, Speedy WiFi App (available for iOS&Android), A Smart Device or A Computer.
2. Connect the Hardware
Follow these steps to connect the Speedefy router to the modem. (Here, we use Speedefy K7 as an example)
(1) Unplug your modem’s power, and then cable the modem to the WAN port on the router.
(2) Turn on the modem and wait 2 minutes for it to restart.
(3) Connect the power adapter to the router and power on the router.
3. Connect your device to the router (Wireless or Wired)
(1) Find the default SSID, which is printed on the label of the router.
(2) Continue on your PC or any smart devices. Enable the WLAN function.
(3) Join the default SSID that displays in the list.
For a wired connection, use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer to a LAN port on the Speedefy router.
4. Configuring the Router
There are two methods to configuring the Speedefy router.
Via Web Browser
(1) Log in to the router’s web management page.
Launch your web browser, enter http://speedefywifi.com or 192.168.3.1, and the login page will appear.
(2) Choose the connection type.
The web page detects your connection type automatically. If detection fails, choose your connection type manually.
(3) Enter the WiFi name, WiFi password, and login password.
(4) Reconnect to the WiFi network you just set, and enjoy the Internet!
or, Via the Speedy WiFi App
(1) Download the Speedy WiFi App. It is available on Google Play and App Store.
(2) Connect your smartphone to the default SSID printed on the label of the router.
(3) Launch the Speedy WiFi App.
(4) Choose the connection type.
The Speedy WiFi App detects your connection type automatically. If detection fails, choose your connection type manually. (usually is DHCP / dynamic IP)
(5) Enter the WiFi name, WiFi password, and login password.
(6) Reconnect to the WiFi network you just set, and enjoy the Internet!